1989 Johnson 150 carb. problem

dal0018

Cadet
One cylinder is not getting gas the other 5 is. We took the carb off and cleaned everything in it put it back on and still no gas on that one side of the carb. You can spay gas into to the carb and it will work but once you stop it cuts out again.

green4themoney

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1989 Johnson 150 carb. problem

k wait, you have 3 crabs right? 1 per 2 cylinders so you are getting gas in all but one of your cylinders? unless you spray it in? id suggest a reed problem but if you spray it in the barrell the cylinder gets gas??

jonesg

Admiral

You need the carb rebuild kit, run wire thru the jets.

dal0018

Cadet

I have 3 carb 1 carb per 2 cylinders 1 barrell per cylinder. We do not understand it either because the same carb. but the other barrell work fine. We took it off and cleaned everything all hole check the float the needle before putting it back on spray some gas in the carb that was not working then reinstalled the carb. cranked the motor and it sounded really good but when the gas burned off that I spray in it the cylinder stop fire because of no gas. So we cranked it again and spay gas in to the barrell and it started work fine but when you stop spay the cylinder burn it off and stop fire. So I dont think it is the reed but I could be wrong.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Did you pull all the jets out of the carb during the cleaning process? Did you spray an aerosol carb cleaner through all the passages and check the flow vs the other carb passages?