Looking to make wakeboard tower

dominicricci

Recruit
I'm looking to make a tower for my Bayliner Capri SS:
rear.JPG

that being

I would like to avoid welding, also Collpasable is best or removeable because it must fit into our boat lift. Pricing doesn't really matter for materials. I am just looking to see if there are any projects out there. Thanks...

-dom

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Looking to make wakeboard tower

Do a search in the wakeboard forum with keywords--homemade wakeboard tower--there are a few links to ideas there.

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tons of people make custom towers. Check out www.wakerboarder.com and look at their forum also. You'll need to make an account to be able to view the pictures, but there are a lot more wakeboard people on that site. I'm not sure how you're going to be able to make a tower without welding though... Maybe you could make one like this.

redneck_wakeboard_boat.jpg

Haha, just kidding. Seriously though, there are a lot of custom towers out there. This one is an older Bayliner and there's quite a bit of welding involved, but still a pretty cool tower.

1_130.jpg

Another custom tower site;

http://bierbower.net/diytower/home.htm

dominicricci

Recruit

thanks this is all pretty good...just can't realy find a step by step project

eric-holmes

Seaman Apprentice

thanks this is all pretty good...just can't realy find a step by step project

Of course you can't find a step-by-step. Making your own tower will be a custom job. The design would be custom to your boat and your application. In addition you would have to have some kind of pipe bender.