1976 Reinell?? Project

Fishr23

Seaman Apprentice
Ok i got this boat for 300 cash. It has a mercruiser 165 with a inline chevy 250. The motor was pretty much junk so I pulled that. The floor has some weak spots towards the back so I am going to repair them . I have never restored a boat so this is a first time thing. I will be asking tons of questions. here is a small snap shot of it and i'll get more of the inside.

could any one tell me what model of reinell this is? I am having trouble figuring that out.

dfggf.jpg

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 1976 Reinell?? Project

looks like a late 60's style boat. Are you gonna look for a used engine, hows the outdrive?

how is the transom, if its original I think you'll find its shot, the tip is the soft spots on the deck, they go together with the stringers and the last place they show up is the deck.

Fishr23

Seaman Apprentice

looks like a late 60's style boat. Are you gonna look for a used engine, hows the outdrive?

how is the transom, if its original I think you'll find its shot, the tip is the soft spots on the deck, they go together with the stringers and the last place they show up is the deck.

According to the title its a 76. The outdrive looks to be in good shape and the trim did work. The transom seems to be nice and solid. As far as I can tell the floor is good other then those 2 spots I found towards the back. I am hoping its fixable!.

Thanks

honald112

Seaman Apprentice

Go for it man. I love my Reinell. Wouldnt own any other type

F14CRAZY

Ensign

that looks like a cool little cuddy cabin. can you post some more pix?