what would you do?

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently got two sea doos given to me. One is a 94 GTX that runs great. The other is a 95 XP that the engine locked up on. I took it apart to find out what was wrong and it turns out that the wrist pin bearing on the front cylinder went, taking out the con rod, rotary valve ( yes it sucked a piece of bearing back and snapped the valve in two.) and piston. I figure I need a new crank, one piston, rotary valve, and the misc gaskets required to put it back together. Looks like about $500 in parts and I can do the labor myself. My question is, I already have the GTX running, I have a 94 polaris that will only require some fuel work to get it back on the water, is it worth it to fix the XP? or should I just part it out? I have a two place and a single place trailer, and I really don't need three ski's, but the XP was a fun machine. I don't want to buy an SBT short block, so what would you do?

jriegle04

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: what would you do?

those xp's are good machines. i would start looking for a motor that is in a damaged hull or buy the parts and have a project. i like to have something to work on in the garage and there isn't anything much more fun then a good rebuild.