My first Baja experience.

bear_69cuda

Commander
Gang,

My heart is still pounding, and can't get the smile off my face! :D

My neighbor is selling his 2005 25' H2X Baja, with 496 Mercruiser, Bravo I, with through hull exhaust... Not my style of boat but OMG! Today the lake had 3-5' white-cap rollers, wind cranking from the NW, and this flippin boat flew across the waves like nothing at 73.5 mph GPS. The Baja seemed as if it was dancing on top of the waves.... I have never felt anything like this! WOW! What an incredible boat!

Just wanted to share this first time experience...

JCMINIS

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: My first Baja experience.

LOL are you getting a comission on the sale ?

Nah im kidding,sounds sweet.....

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My neighbor has a Baja, a little smaller than yours. Not really a family kind of boat, but DAMN it's nice looking, and they sound great on the water. You hear the rumble before you see them...

Willyclay

Captain

Bear, what are you waiting for? Go get it while the memory is still fresh!

briguy2817

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You hear the rumble before you see them...

And I don't know if that is better than actually seeing them or not! The way some of those boats sound gives me goose bumps, in a good way.

Brian

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

So all cabin crusiers that are not bulging tubs are useless?

Oh but it's not a serious fishing boat so why have one?

Sorry bro but that last post was silly the guys talking about a nice 25' sport boat with a cabin not a STV River Rocket!

H8tank

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Go fast? Check.
Cruise? Check.
Hold plenty of people? Check.
Looks good? Check.
Watersports? Check.
Camping? Check.

So a fast, fun and exhilarating boat does everything I want. Sounds good to me!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ya wanna run to the grocery store, ya take the mini van (insert barge of choice here))

Ya wanna run the Cannonball..Ya take the Saleen S7 (the baja!)

Different vechicles for different scenarios..

And I know that smile Bear...Same one I had the day I finally fired up my Harley I bought on my 19th Bday...

grego

Petty Officer 1st Class

go fast= have place at lake, just love it when they U turn in the bay at full throttle to impress a sometimes empty beach. and beat the crap out or my rub rails on my dock. cruise= have seen people fuel up, $400.00 dollars. looks good= yeah! Too close to shore and way too fast to be safe for OTHER BOATERS!
WATER SPORTS????????????????? pULL A SKIER At 70 MPH?? CAMPING= MY FIRST THOUGHT! Lets "BEACH!!" this 6 figure boat and build a campfire. JEESE, how old are you!! Sorry, forgot one. put "8" people onboard and run with boats as big as, and bigger than yours.

H8tank

Petty Officer 2nd Class

[qoute]WATER SPORTS????????????????? pULL A SKIER At 70 MPH?? CAMPING= MY FIRST THOUGHT! Lets "BEACH!!" this 6 figure boat and build a campfire. JEESE, how old are you!![/quote]

Did your medicine fall out in the turnip truck? :confused:

swordfish25

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I see that there a few people who do not like fast boats. Because a boat is fast does not mean you can not drive it slow, and does not mean you can not fish out of it, or even stay on it for a week. Because it is fast does not mean you have to show off and run close to shore eather. It all boils down to who owns and drives it. There is nothing much that comes close to the feeling of running 2&3+ ft. waves at 70 plus mph. Don`t knock it till you try it. There is no boat that is the perfect boat to do everything, but that boat is a good all round boat. SPEED, FISH, CAMP, and SPORT. I had a 25 cheskmate and did it all with that boat. Stayed a week at a time up the Redau canal Canada. It does dot have to be a Baja to fit the bill.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I wouldn't be lining up to run in a go-fast, bear, but cheers for having a killer time of it!

For the debby downers of the group, a muscle car is not meant for daily use, but plenty of people have and love them. Just because someone owns and likes a go-fast doesn't make it pointless. The point is enjoying excess. The same reason I own a 2300cc motorcycle with pistons the size of a Viper engine; It isn't an A-to-B vehicle, it is a fun ride for fun times. If you don't understand it, well, there is just no cure for stick-up-the-butt syndrome.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Sorry gang,

I didn't mean to start a debate...

Just wanted to share the rush... Like I said, not my style of boat, but I sure respect what it can do! My boat would have been crushed in those conditions... Or maybe just my kidney's damaged from the smashing of my hull on the waves... Honestly at first I was scared sh##less, but quickly realized the Baja was in it's element... Personally I think that boat is kinda excessive on the Madison area lakes, just not that much room... Lake Michigan, any great lake or off shore ocean cruisin would be flippin unreal! But hey, to each their own... I just love boating!

mattpyle

Seaman

I wouldn't be lining up to run in a go-fast, bear, but cheers for having a killer time of it!

For the debby downers of the group, a muscle car is not meant for daily use, but plenty of people have and love them. Just because someone owns and likes a go-fast doesn't make it pointless. The point is enjoying excess. The same reason I own a 2300cc motorcycle with pistons the size of a Viper engine; It isn't an A-to-B vehicle, it is a fun ride for fun times. If you don't understand it, well, there is just no cure for stick-up-the-butt syndrome.

lol the only way you could compare the Rocket 3 to that boat is if the boat had a jet engine strapped to it!!

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

It's a baja not a nortech cat!

Sorry but saying you can't use it for just about everything people use their boat for is well.......

calvinman

Seaman

Wow and I always thought a Baja was just another "do all" type of boat.

My Buddies is anyways, we load it up with the tubes and wakeboards, Kids and wives, and go out and have the time of our lives, sure it can go fast, but it also does a sharp slow speed turn(like the kind you do when your wakeboarder doesnt get up or wipes out) better than my Glastron, cruises better, etc etc etc.

I would trade my boat for his any old day, and his is 15 years older than mine! My opinion on going fast is, I don't get it it is just like going slow, but windier, but it seems to me that a Baja is a great all around boat.

Calvinman

CaptainYARRR

Seaman

This coming from a Viper owner, I love Bajas but I just couldn't bring myself to fill up every day I'm on the lake and shell out that kind of coin.