My first New Old Boat

swampboy

Seaman
I had this on different site, but will,now try this one. Hope it works. Purchased 1966 Gulf stream 17ft I/O MerCruiser, boat and trailer $300.00 I posted some pictures on Photobucket. (hope it works this time?) http:/s567.photo bucket.com/albums/ss116/swampboy_bucket. Here goes... good luck. Anyway boat looks good. has been in covered storage area at previous owners home. The transom has some rot upper right side. Floor seems solid, but has carpet. I will check this out later. Other than some TLC and checking out the engine, I'm good with everything so far.

swampboy

Seaman
Re: My first New Old Boat

I had this on different site, but will,now try this one. Hope it works. Purchased 1966 Gulf stream 17ft I/O MerCruiser, boat and trailer $300.00 I posted some pictures on Photobucket. (hope it works this time?) http:/s567.photo bucket.com/albums/ss116/swampboy_bucket. Here goes... good luck. Anyway boat looks good. has been in covered storage area at previous owners home. The transom has some rot upper right side. Floor seems solid, but has carpet. I will check this out later. Other than some TLC and checking out the engine. Try for some pictures..http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/swampboy_bucket

Last edited:

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I found the album, for some reason the links were acting really badly

http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/Swampboy_bucket/

HPIM1039.jpg

HPIM1046.jpg

HPIM1030.jpg

HPIM1040.jpg

HPIM1048.jpg

I took the liberty of posting the images themselves here, I hope you don't mind. I think you will get better response to your questions if you make it easier for everyone to see what you are talking about, the fine people here tend to be very visual.

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Also, for future reference:

To post the pictures directly, hover your mouse pointer over the image you wish to share, and the copy the link listed with "IMG Code". It's the bottom link on the set of four that pops up, as shown below.

untitled-1.jpg

as a foot note, slightly larger wouldn't be a bad thing either, especially if you are trying to get help about a specific issue that you are trying to show. 640x480 is just about the perfect size. :)

swampboy

Seaman

"page not found."

Transom over 50 yrs old with a soft spot, I think its rotted out for my money.
They don't go bad from the top.
I'd drill some test holes down toward the keel and examine the drill chips .
Thanks, I will do.

jonesg

Admiral

I'd just use it unless the transom turns out to be real bad.
At least enjoy the rest of the summer.
Does the bilge stay dry?

swampboy

Seaman

Also, for future reference:

To post the pictures directly, hover your mouse pointer over the image you wish to share, and the copy the link listed with "IMG Code". It's the bottom link on the set of four that pops up, as shown below.

untitled-1.jpg

as a foot note, slightly larger wouldn't be a bad thing either, especially if you are trying to get help about a specific issue that you are trying to show. 640x480 is just about the perfect size. :)
Thanks for your help. Also.I notice some of the post show a picture in the upper left corner along with the name of forum member and their "Rank". I have a picture I would like to place on my post along with a "Ouote". How do I do that.??. Thanks.

swampboy

Seaman

I'd just use it unless the transom turns out to be real bad.
At least enjoy the rest of the summer.
Does the bilge stay dry?
The boat hasn't been on the water for aprox 8 years. . I don't think it has been run during that time. I know it will need a carburetor kit. I am going to try and get the motor running before I spend a lot of time and $ on the project.. Thanks for your comments.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Looks like fun Swampboy :D

That picture by your username is called an avatar, click on 'user CP' up near the top of the page above the 'post reply' button, then click 'edit avatar' from the side bar, be sure there is a tick mark next to the 'use custom avatar' , then click 'browse' to select your picture from wherever you have it stored on your 'puter, then click 'save'. Your 'quote is known as a 'signature'...same procedure as above, click on user cp then edit signature, type your"quote" and click 'save' to finish. Hope it helps.

cr2k

Captain

Well when you get ready, I can take it starting in December as a winter project.
Give me a call or let me know at the field. May be able to check it out eariler between the FSU games. Sometime in October.

My other winter project is figuring out how to re-power a Volvo AQ 125 with a V-6. (He needs more power for the 21 ft boat)

After I re set the front mounts on my boat.

See ya at the flying field...