Searching for a Windshield

td95ma

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone know of a Boat yard in the Northeast that might have old windshields? I have a Corson boat from 1970 it was built in Maine I have been restoring it as best I can with all original parts and pieces to the engine but now I am searching for pieces of the actual boat. I have just been striking out trying to find a boat yard in the northeast that I can try to find some parts. Anyone know of any such place? I figure they have junkyards for cars all those boats must go somewhere too.....<br />Tommy<br />ps I found the best Evinrude Johnson parts man he and his wife are located in East Providence Rhode Island the place is called Johnson Motors and he has had all the parts I have ever needed and more for my 1971 rude engine. just in case anyone is looking

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Searching for a Windshield

Moving to Boats

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the info about the guy in providence. In all honesty your best bet is to buy a new windshield, I doubt any salvage yards will save and stock any windshields. Good luck with the boat.

bhalsdorf

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tommy,<br />You may be able to buy one from Taylor Made. I know they would have made mine for my 1958 True Ski for around $300 - $400. But I made my own for $100. Wasn't that hard to make. I'm not sure what yours looks like but you might consider making your own.

td95ma

Seaman Apprentice

Tommy and Tools are not a very good combo...so building my own windshield might be a dangerous suggestion :) I will email taylor made right now and see what they have. I still would love to know if there are any boat salvage yards out there in New england, I am looking for more things then just the windshield and I enjoy the challenge of finding everything original<br /><br />Tommy

frogman3

Cadet

The trouble is, most of these places aren't even in the yellow pages never mind online. I use to live in gloucester and next time I talk to someone there I will ask around. Good luck......

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Give this guy a try,he has all kinds of parts used.Anything marine-Ask for henry- 631 447 1884 it is on long Island good luck charlie