Suzuki df90 impossible noise, please help!

flipper 630

Cadet
What could be the reason for the loud klicking/clanking/knocking noise from my df90 year-06 within 50 ours running time.
-When in neutral the noise is there and it get worse and louder when the engine/LU is warm. When I put in gear forward or reverse everything is normal and the noise is gone. Its not the wires and a adjust issue.
And the noise is coming from the area round the driveshaft (top or bottom, difficult to analyze, have doned with a stetoscope.) What is moving around inside the engine in neutral and what is influenced by load and heating?????????...Have talked with Suzuki dealers but without some results.

Grateful for some brainstorming!

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: Suzuki df90 impossible noise, please help!

IF you run in salt water and don`t flush, salt will build up in the drive shaft bushing and make a noise. You check and clean this when changing the waterpump, and greasing the drive shaft splines. Some DF90 have a noise gearcase, should sound ok in water. What has the gear oil looked like when it was changed? 06 should have had at least 2/3 gear oil and engine oil changes.

flipper 630

Cadet

Thanks Clanton!

Which part is drive shaft bushing at http://www.browspoint.com/.

The oil is changed in the LU and in the engine last autumn, checked earlier this season and it looks ok.

Should I be worried about something serious inside the engine? I am confused because everything is ok while driving with a gear in. Had also the propeller of but the noise was still there.

I will change the waterpump and put grease on the splines when I come back home from the vacation.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Can`t get to the site. The bushing is plastic, and located in the exhaust housing about 12 inches above the waterpump. You can see the shine on the driveshaft where the bushing rubs the shaft. I think you just have a gear rumble, and does not show up on every engine, keep a check on the gear oil and use what Susuki reccomends.