cheap round carb knobs?

57chris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking for round knobs for my '57 Johnson 18, i've seen some knobs on ebay but they go for about 25 bucks a piece. If anyone's seen a cheaper source of these aftermarket or factory alternatives, please let me know. Thanks for looking! :)

knob.jpg

Last edited:

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
Re: cheap round carb knobs?

Send him a PM...I bet he's just looking for a workable knob to fit his carb needles.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer

I think I have at least one of the knobs off of a 58 18 horse parts motor I got. I can't remember which one just now. I'd have to look at work tomorrow. I don't need it/them. That said, I saw your you tube video and from what I can see your knobs look fine? :confused: Is there a particular reason you want round knobs? If you want round knobs just go out and find yourself one of those pos Evinrudes! Just kidding of course :) .

Cheers...............Todd

57chris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yes, i'm looking for round knobs to replace my stock flat tab style knobs...the flat style have limited adjustment with the cowling on. ;)

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer

Ah, I wondered. The thing is once you get it all dialed in with the carb clean there will be no reason to move them again. Except I like to turn my low speed one or two numbers richer on cold mornings till the engine warms up.

Just remove both knobs, take it out on the water and get it all dialed in. Then put the knobs back on centered and you're good to go. If you need to mess with the knobs more than one or two numbers at any time you've got other problems.

Cheers.................Todd