red stator adapter wires

mastrofury

Cadet
Hey can someone please tell me where to hook up the blue and the blue/white strip on the red stator adapter. Mine came with no direction. I know to the switch box but what to what..lol Thank

Laddies

Banned
Re: red stator adapter wires

The switch box should have the terminals marked

mastrofury

Cadet

It is marked. I had the black stator and now Im putting the red stator on my switchbox has a blue and a red terminal. my stator adapter has blue and blue/white wires. should I go blue to blue and blue/white to red?

Laddies

Banned

If your engine has only 1 red and 1 blue terminal on the switch box it is a 2 or 3 cyl. engine. The adapter you have with a blue and blue white wire is for a 4 cyl. engine and will not work on yours. It always help to have all the info.

mastrofury

Cadet

Huh said 2 3 4 cylinder . If i hook blue to blue and ground the blue/white it fires and runs. I have a 89 50 3 cyclinder. wonder what I will fry If I run it that way? I have the 9 amp red stator kit..

mastrofury

Cadet

So do I need to get a 3 cyclinder adapter. I have it running and sounds great bye hooking up the blue wire to blue switchbox. black to ground green/white to adapter green/white and white/green to white/green. No fire! I have to ground the blue/white to make it fire. Seems to be running fine. So my question is should I take it out on the water this way and try it? The blue wire is still comming thru the adapter, so should still be dropping down the voltage to the switchbox right, and why does the blue/white need to be grounded? Thanks