Itermittent hestitating Suzuki 50

Tides

Recruit

Hi - I have a 2007 Suzuki 50 4stroke d/injection on a 20' pontoon boat. I have been very pleased with the engine on all counts. However, recently it has developed an intermittent hesitation which can come and go at all speeds. Sometimes it causes it to stall at idle. It appears to be gas starvation. Can you confirm this, and is it something I can fix myself. There are 75 hours on the engine. Thanks

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Itermittent hestitating Suzuki 50

It should still be under warranty - take it to the shop. I'd be a little concerned messing with something if indeed the warranty is valid. You touch it - boom! Warranty voided.
Check that out first before trying a home fix. My $.02 :eek:

Tides

Recruit

It should still be under warranty - take it to the shop. I'd be a little concerned messing with something if indeed the warranty is valid. You touch it - boom! Warranty voided.
Check that out first before trying a home fix. My $.02 :eek:

Who would have thought that I would be replying to this post with my own fix. I called for some pro advice, and was told that changing the spark plugs had often solved this type of problem. I did just that and "voila" I have the smoothest running suzuki in town. Ultimately time will tell of course. The old plugs looked pretty good in color, and reasonably clean. The gap was a little excessive but otherwise they looked ok. New plugs were $4 a piece so no big deal to replace. I also did the prudent thing and added a stabiliser and conditioner to the gas. I will keep you posted. Thanks to those who viewed post.

joeseif

Seaman Apprentice

do you know what the gap in a 78 40hp should be or where to find it?