Would you continue....

dh20

Recruit
I've been getting my boat serviced at a small yard close to my home and back in May I had a service order created to get some work done...(nothing urgent, the service yard calls back when they can perform the work)...Well haven't heard from the yard and now it's almost August....so today I called to see what was causing the delay and other than an Oops sorry ... you should have called us sooner....nothing.

Feeling like an unappreciated customer I'm now considering getting my winterization done elsewhere..... (Yes I'm venting) .... but would you go back!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Would you continue....

i would go get my boat, now, and have what ever was to be done somewhere else.

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

+1

Sorry but that kind of inattention to the customer, makes me wonder what how well they actually do the work as well...

"oops I forgot to put the lower unit oil back in" kind of thing...

There is no excuse to let a boat sit for over a month without any kind of contact...

Communication is key to all good business.

Good luck!

south texas

Seaman Apprentice

I hate how some of these places accept the work, but don't have any intention of getting it completed in a timely manner. I had a similar situation with my last boat.. After being screwed around for several weeks, I pulled it out and ended up fixing it myself. I say screw those guys and get your ride outta there!

Bondo

Staff member

I've been getting my boat serviced at a small yard close to my home and back in May I had a service order created to get some work done...(nothing urgent, the service yard calls back when they can perform the work)...Well haven't heard from the yard and now it's almost August....

Ayuh,... Is the boat in Your yard,..?? or has it been sitting at the repair shop,..??

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Ayuh,... Is the boat in Your yard,..?? or has it been sitting at the repair shop,..??

Thats what i'm wondering :confused:
If it's at their place i'd be POed :mad:
If it was in my yard waiting on them to call & tell me to bring it in then-well---------------
This is July, they may be real busy & working on whats already there :rolleyes:
Out of sight-Out of mind :redface:
Of course if they promised they'd call i'd still be a bit upset---

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

sounds to me like it was in his yard and he was waiting for the call to bring it in.....If you've been happy previously I'd give them another shot....definitely not good business but things can get lost in the shuffle from time to time...if it happens again then I'd start looking.

P 0 P E Y E

Chief Petty Officer

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

A couple of reminder calls might have helped. I would give them a second chance and stay on top of them.

Hope things work out for both.

dh20

Recruit

...I've had my boat all summer in MY yard..... I've decided to winterize elsewhere ... customer service is huge in my opinion and the only way to deliver my message is via their bottom line...I likely go back the following year.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

...I've had my boat all summer in MY yard..... I've decided to winterize elsewhere ... customer service is huge in my opinion and the only way to deliver my message is via their bottom line...I likely go back the following year.

Well..I think 2 things happened in unison here

You were not in a big hurry (Calling every 2 weeks for a date to bring her in) to have the work done.

They were too busy with the people that did call back.

Me? I'm not sittin on the couch for 90 days waiting on any shop!

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It's not hard to understand getting lost in the shuffle in the busiest time of the year. You had your boat to use and you waited 3 months to get back to them. I say no harm,no foul in this situation. Next time, in a week, if you don't hear from them a quick call and all's well.

Splat

Lieutenant

so.... let me get this straight.......

[deleted, it would only start a fight, I'll lay off this one]

Bill