Need instructions to change out Tilt/Trim Switch

lostriver

Cadet
Does anyone have instructions for changing out the tilt/trim button?? Also I could use the electrical specs on the switch if available. I have attached a picture of the unit. It reads Mercury 3000 Classic on plate. I am not wanting to change out the whole unit. I would like to change out the top switch only if possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Picture015.jpg

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Re: Need instructions to change out Tilt/Trim Switch

Ughh.... "shudder" A commander 3000......

lostriver

Cadet

Thanks for the instructions Don. Also thank you for setting the mood for the repair JustJason.. :)

One more question, Where can I get my hands on part # 87-18286A31 OB shown in the instructions???

JustJason

Vice Admiral

Also thank you for setting the mood for the repair JustJason..

Naaaa... It's just that Commander 3000's had a recall years ago (that's why Don S said the info was light on those... they weren't around for a long time) and made many a boat owner angry... and many a tech angryier for replacing the things on warranty pay.

Do any of you have any info on the Mercruier single button, single shaft controller. It has the black button in the middle and says mercruiser around it.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

Heya 75 Aristocraft... You need to start your own thread on not jump on to somebody elses. Your much more likely to get the help you need that way. So start your own thread, and the best thing for you would be to post a pic of the control you have in that thread and the problems you are having with it.
JJ

dandyman

Recruit

:confused:I have been trying to find that switch on the internet also, is it the same switch for the 3000 classic and the 3000?