75 AristoCraft windshield and shifter

Hey guys, Hopefully this is a simple post. I am looking to get my hands on or info about allpieces of the windshield (i need all but center piece) and the Engine control for a Mercruiser 120hp, mine took a crap i think. THANKS

Re: 75 AristoCraft windshield and shifter

the guy I bought it from took the shift control off for some reason and made a homemade UGLY wooden contraption with some angle iron to control the boat. I have the controller its either a C-37782A1-A2 or B-64326A1-A3 with single arm with button in middle.

i have had it apart and it has 2 plates that move back and forth when cable moves but the bottom plate doesnt seem to move and i believe its in right because theres only 1 way it goes in. In other words 1 cable will move and the other wont, I guessing its where the shifting cable attaches.

The repair manual is terrible with showing this controller apart so i cant see the part thats not moving in the manual. ANY help with this is much apreciated.

I got ahold of Scott Turner and he was very helpful and just a great guy to talk to. I have some lexon that i am going to play with to see if i cant make the windshield. I am new to boating but im pretty sure they can give you a ticket for cracked windshield like a car right?

ziggy

Admiral

don't know which book you have. hopefully the oem book. i did look at that section. and it's not got a lot of info in it. but it did seem to have a nice pic of the inside of the controller. with parts breakdown. i think i could tell which was the shift plate and which was the throttle plate anyways..

yep, scott's a great guy. not many folks that can talk to the oem with a 34 year old out of production boat ay.. :cool:

i'd guess that lexan will work for your window. however i believe that aristocraft used plexiglas (i think lexan and plexiglass are very close chemically). #2111 cokebottle green plexiglas to be exact if i'm not mistaken. i needed a center panel. don't know about your question about the crack in the windshield and the ramifications with dnr. interesting question though. maybe give your local dnr a call and see what they say.