Hull question anti fouling Paint Removal

atomb

Petty Officer 1st Class
I recently bought a bayliner bowrider 96 that has what looks like three coats of antifouling paint at which two of the coats are pretty light- I trailer this boat so i really hate looking at the stuff. Anyway I got a little crazy with power washer today and got some of it off mind you it never really fully came off but you could see the white hull in many areas. Heres the million dollar question - I was going to do this project litttle by little and in the interim still take the boat out all summer. Did i start a project that needs to be finished before putting the boat back in the water?

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Hull question anti fouling Paint Removal

No need to finish it at one time. You are not hurting a thing by continuing to use the boat. Just be aware that when you do finally finish, the hull may not be real shiny. Because when bottom paint in applied, the bottom of the boat is sanded first. So it should be a little dull when you remove all the paint.

atomb

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hull question anti fouling Paint Removal

Glad to hear that - Every once in a while I jump before i look glad to hear that I didnt put myself in a pickle.