1972 Johnson 50H/P Factory Prop??

wildcard_55

Cadet
hello again. One more question if I may. I have a 1972 Johnson 50 h/p pleasure motor. it has at this time a 13-3/4x15 prop on it. is there any way to tell or find out if this is the origonal factory issue prop for this year and model of engine? it is on a 15 ft caravelle tri hull crappie/bass type fishing boat with a rear center console. with the live well in the middle of the boat. Thank you all again in advance.... old sp/4 trying to be a sailor..

countvlad

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1972 Johnson 50H/P Factory Prop??

hello again. One more question if I may. I have a 1972 Johnson 50 h/p pleasure motor. it has at this time a 13-3/4x15 prop on it. is there any way to tell or find out if this is the origonal factory issue prop for this year and model of engine? it is on a 15 ft caravelle tri hull crappie/bass type fishing boat with a rear center console. with the live well in the middle of the boat. Thank you all again in advance.... old sp/4 trying to be a sailor..

i think its going to be either realy hard or imposible to answer that question... is there a reason why you need to know if its original or not? do you have problems with the prop/ boat?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

72 catalog says 13 3/4 X 17 was standard issue though many other sizes could be substituted depending on the application.

wildcard_55

Cadet

thank you all for your help. I was just trying to figure out if my prop was wrong for my boat and change it or just leave it be..thanks again....

countvlad

Chief Petty Officer

thank you all for your help. I was just trying to figure out if my prop was wrong for my boat and change it or just leave it be..thanks again....

its possible it could be the wrong one... if it came with the motor that doesnt mean its the rigt one for the boat....

what are your RPMS at WOT???