86 merc 60Hp- warning horns

jeffdjpeat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I woke up this morning and my boat was making a peircing whistle of a sound. They boat was parked in my laneway on the trailor, and the key was not in the ignition. It didnt rain so i doubt anything got wet, the only thing i have touched on the boat was to siphon some gas out yesterday for my weed wacker. What would cause this alarm to sound??

jeffdjpeat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 86 merc 60Hp- warning horns

just another bit of info, i had to disconnect the battery to stop the annoying sound, it woke the neighbours up. I tried to put the key in and turn the motor over once quickly, but the sound never stopped. I am going to go get the hose out and fire the motor, to see if that stops the sound, but any advice would be great. Why would the alarm sound while the boat is sitting on a trailor, with no key in the ignition, in my laneway, in the middle of the night?? weird!

jeffdjpeat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 86 merc 60Hp- warning horns

so i think i found my issue. When i used a syphon on the fuel line yesterday it must have drawn an extra amount of oil doing it that way, and the low oil level was causing the alarm. I added a quart and she shut the buzzer off right away. I guess at least now i know the alarm works.