Info needed on a Johnson J25elctd

Have just purchased a 40 year old Delta Nymph speedboat that came with a Johnson J25elctd outboard on ebay. I aquired several wiring diagrams on ebay which I needed to hook motor up to dashboard. Trouble is, I do not know exactly which motor I have got so can not pin down correct diagram. The serial number is: B006761. So my questions are:
1. Is this a 1983 motor or have I got it wrong?
2. Is it a remote start or tiller start (it has a starter so I suspect its remote but I want to be sure)
3.Does it have remote Choke?
4. Does it have high temperature warning?
Or
if someone could send me a features and benefits description of this motor so that I know exactly what I am dealing with..and old manual might do.
Please help as the motor looks a beauty and hardly used. See attached pics one of which shows a multi pinned connector ( I dont have the female bit!)
Peter

Attachments

• motor01.jpg
    motor01.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
  • redplug.jpg
    redplug.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • starbourd.jpg
    starbourd.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Info needed on a Johnson J25elctd

manuals outboardbooks.com. it is a remote controlled motor, electric start, needs a control with the big red plug harness. remote choke, and the it will have the overheat warning horn in the control. it can be rope started just as it sits, but you have to choke it, in order to kill the motor.