How much would it cost to get all my electrical rerun in my boat

buddybarnhill

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 1981 astrogalss bass boat 17.5 foot with a 1985 150 mercury outboard i need to know how much it would cost to rerun all the electrical after i get it painted...... any suggestions would be awsome

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: How much would it cost to get all my electrical rerun in my boat

Well there isnt all that much to wire, so if you know how to do electrical work you could do it your self. But since you asked I would gess and marine shop is going to charge about 500+. They will want the original wireing harness witch probably isnt made anymore, then charge a ton for an after-market that they will modify, then something will not work witch they will charge you to fix even though they already "fixed" it. Good Luck.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Well there isnt all that much to wire, so if you know how to do electrical work you could do it your self. But since you asked I would gess and marine shop is going to charge about 500+. They will want the original wireing harness witch probably isnt made anymore, then charge a ton for an after-market that they will modify, then something will not work witch they will charge you to fix even though they already "fixed" it. Good Luck.

I'd say $500 is a very conserveative estiment :rolleyes:

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't know what you are looking for in a wiring harness, or what you want to spend or not, but I ran across this while considering a rewire on my 16' HydraSport that I bought. It had a major wire explosion under the dash and no sign of fuses. This company looks like a quick and simple install.

http://www.ezacdc.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=25

Big Keepers

Petty Officer 1st Class

All your electrical as in the motor has no harness, no cables and the accessories and gauges need to be wired up too? A total re-wiring? Or just your accessories and gauges? On a 17' boat it shouldn't be that bad actually. If you need someone to wire up everything including all the wires that come off the motor then you'll spend an arm and a leg. You'd be better served finding the harness on Ebay or something and just having somebody wire up the gauges and other electronics. It isn't that hard though. If you have ever installed a car stereo, boat electronics are only a bit more complex.

buddybarnhill

Seaman Apprentice

i think i now have an idea what im in for thanks all that replied...