Need help with starting 1967 100hp Johnson Meteor out of the water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadwith2boys

Cadet
I would like to know if and how I can start this motor outside of the "water".

I am trying to see if it will start, but not sure if I can w/o damaging the motor.

I bought "rabbit ears" but the only hole I see is way up on the motor.

This is 1967 100hp Johnson Meteor motor.

Thank you kindly.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help with starting 1967 100hp Johnson Meteor

Re: Need help with starting 1967 100hp Johnson Meteor

I would like to know if and how I can start this motor outside of the "water".

I am trying to see if it will start, but not sure if I can w/o damaging the motor.

I bought "rabbit ears" but the only hole I see is way up on the motor.

This is 1967 100hp Johnson Meteor motor.

Thank you kindly.

Muffs won't work on that motor. The Tempo Flushette that was made for it is very highly obsolete and rare.

You MUST have a proper electrical hookup before starting the motor, or you will cause serious and very expensive harm to the ignition and charging systems.

Not meaning to be a smart a--, but it was made to run on a boat on the lake.

Dadwith2boys

Cadet
Re: Need help with starting 1967 100hp Johnson Meteor out of the water

I did not take it as you being a "smart ***" I understand that but I am having issues starting the motor. I was told that I can fill a trash can and submerge the prop past the intake.

But I think it is a wiring issue.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Trash can will work. Fill it up as high as you can get it. The water level needs to be at least halfway up the leg.
Make sure all of the battery connections are there, and clean and tight before trying to crank it. The ignition for this motor has some parts that are very difficult to find, easy to blow up, and cost and arm and a leg.

tino6659

Recruit

I did not take it as you being a "smart ***" I understand that but I am having issues starting the motor. I was told that I can fill a trash can and submerge the prop past the intake.

But I think it is a wiring issue.
so did you ever get meteor started i started mine today and had submerged in a drum full of water the engine ran ok it just got hot and i didn't see any water shooting out of any relief holes just wondered if you saw the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.