Fishfinder Question

SprocketDog

Cadet
I'm looking at buying a Humminbird 728 to use on a 12ft aluminum and a 14ft fiberglass run about

I'm mainly wanting the wide angle for depths up 50ft for small lakes and rivers but the deep angle would be nice also

In the sites I'm shopping, Hummingbird ads don't really say what all comes with the unit like does the swivel mount or is that extra.

Does the dual transducer come or is that extra?

How long is transducer cable without extensions?

Neither boat has a charging system, will 1 marine deep cycle run this unit all day?

I read posts here about transducer spraying, is this model one of them?

Lastly, what do you think of this unit or is there much better brands that does what I want in this price range?

Thanks

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Fishfinder Question

I'm looking at buying a Humminbird 728 to use on a 12ft aluminum and a 14ft fiberglass run about
I'm mainly wanting the wide angle for depths up 50ft for small lakes and rivers but the deep angle would be nice also
The wide angle is good for detecting suspended fish, but fish on the bottom can be missed.

In the sites I'm shopping, Hummingbird ads don't really say what all comes with the unit like does the swivel mount or is that extra.
Tilt/swivel mount comes with all units.

Does the dual transducer come or is that extra?
Comes with it, unless it is designated a "CHO" model. HB offers some models with this code, for savings for people that already have a transducer.

How long is transducer cable without extensions?
Not sure for your model, but usually 16-20 ft

Neither boat has a charging system, will 1 marine deep cycle run this unit all day?
Yes, and then some.

I read posts here about transducer spraying, is this model one of them?
Most of the spraying comes from the large transducers used for SI models and quadrabeam. I haven't heard about any major spraying issues with the dual beam.

SprocketDog

Cadet
Re: Fishfinder Question

It sounds like that model will do what I want then

Thanks John for the reply