Marine Raider Brand Seats at Academy Sports

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Our boat came with the clamshell style seats that were nice and well padded, but the backs were average height. These are fine for the bow and stern fishing seats but for the driver and passenger seats they made the old back sore after a while. I found some in the matching grey and red colors at Academy Sports in their Marine Raider brand on sale for 59.99 each. They looked comparable to some Wise seats I had seen but the similarity ended there.

These are cheaply made seats. They've been in the boat two months and used on two extended weekend outings and one has already broken and the other has the vinyl wearing on the back corners. The vinyl is thinner than other seats I've had. All the mounting threads are metric and the foam padding is okay at best. On the broken one, the allen head bolts that hold the seat hinges together sheared off at the head. You can see from the cross section of the broken bolt that the metal is a cheap grade. Better off spending more but trying to save a buck or two and "paid the price...." sorry.....

Got it repaired and will use them until I put her up for the winter...if they hold up that long....and then I'm buying some good high back seats for her.

cheapseats002.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Marine Raider Brand Seats at Academy Sports

Yeah you definitely get what you pay for with boat seats. All the seats in mine are low-end Wise seats that were BassPro branded. They serve their purpose well but I'm not impressed with the quality. I especially love the apparently non-stainless staples they appear to have used on the jump seat upholstery.