Newbie Lady

Potomac Queen

Recruit
Hi everyone! Are there any other ladies here, I wonder. I've been reading through the forums here for years and just now decided, after buying our second boat, to join. We just bought a 1997 28 foot Wellcraft Martinique. Quite a change from a 22 foot Bayliner Trophy! It was time for a smooth sweet ride. Coming from a fishing boat (don't fish) we have a lot to learn. I'm hoping to learn it here. One thing I miss already is not being able to walk around the sides to the bow. Guess I'll get used to climbing through the windshield. Hubbies learning how to drive with 2 engines. I drove the last boat with no problem, but this one...I'm not so sure my brain works with two throttles. I'd love to hear from other's that have a Wellcraft Martinique.

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Newbie Lady

Not a lady heck not even female but I think there must be quite a few on this site that do more looking than talking. Anyway, once you get the hang of twin engine you'll never want to bring a single screw back to the dock. It isn't that hard just remember don't power throttle untill you really understand what's gonna happen. ( You can't do much damage if your rpm's are low )

Good luck in your new boat ya'll

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome aboard Potomac Queen! There are a few, though not very many, ladies around here. One of the moderators is, I think her user name is Ladyfish.

Where on the Potomac do you run?

BOB

Potomac Queen

Recruit

We run around the Colonial Beach area. Where do you do your boating?

Last edited:

pointbrze

Recruit

Newbie here, and female, too Potomac Queen! Just got a 1990 Wellcraft 197 Eclipse. And we run right across from you out of Coltons Point, MD. I'm excited to learn more; glad I found this site!:)