Beeps and no water out the back.

coyote121403

Cadet
We just changed my impeller on my 92 sea ray 135hp mercury black max. A seal came loose on the gear head so we had to remove the gear head and fix the seal. After days of work we got it all back together and now when I start it, it starts beeping and wont stop. There is no water coming out the pee hole (the square one on the back) but water comes out of the vaccum line on the back casing and water coming out of the prop. Help?

CharlieB

Vice Admiral
Re: Beeps and no water out the back.

As you raised the lower unit into place you may not have the water transfer tube entered into the water pump.

One means of a quick check is to remove a T-stat and fire the motor, if NO water comes out within 15 seconds shut it down and drop the lower unit again to double check the transfer tube, and while you are there maybe even double check the key placement in the impeller.

You DID use a new impeller since you where there, didn't you? Even if the old one was only a year old, it is cheap insurance.

coyote121403

Cadet
Re: Beeps and no water out the back.

Yes we put a new impeller in it. I re adjusted the rabit ears on it, cranked up the hose more and gave it some gas and finally got water. Guess it was just dirt or something in it from sitting for so long, temp is good but I have another problem but I'll put it in another post. Thanks for the advice!