Need help.

metalmanbc2000

Seaman Apprentice
My boat is listing to the port side. I have no foam in my boat. the rudder portion of my lower leg is bent and a little twisted. I'm not sure if this could be what is causing this.
I also put a hole in my floor to check for foam and found that i have a floor over top of a floor and they are both rotten. I plan on pulling them out but would appreciate any advice that i could get. Thank you.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Need help.

What about too much weight on one side of the boat does it only list when you are moving, how bad is it twisted?

metalmanbc2000

Seaman Apprentice

I think that the weight is fairly evenly distributed in the boat ie. gas tank port side battery starboard. the bottom of the leg is more bent than twisted and if i had to guess i would say its bent a good quarter inch.

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think that the weight is fairly evenly distributed in the boat ie. gas tank port side battery starboard. the bottom of the leg is more bent than twisted and if i had to guess i would say its bent a good quarter inch.

Do you have trim tabs on you boat? May be one is stuck?

metalmanbc2000

Seaman Apprentice

No trim tabs. I put a hydrofoil on it and it made a world of difference though. My boat is a 16.5 ft fiberglass unknown. There are no numbers or decals on it to identify it. I just finished pulling out the old built in gas tanks out. The one on the port side weighed about 70 pounds more than the starboard so im guessing that had a lot to do with the listing. im gonna take it out tommorow for a quick cruise before i pull the floor up to see how much of a difference that made.

Attachments

• boat004-1.jpg
    boat004-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
  • boat005-1.jpg
    boat005-1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Is there any way you can center the gas take?? Ya let us know if what you did made a difference, alot of people ask for advice but don't let us know the results, and alot of people do too. so let us know. Could your out board have shifted, maybe one side slid down?? is the lower unit center with the center of the hull?? worth checking out, Maybe she shifted on you on the road, these highways can be brutal, some times I feel like I am jumping ramps.