2006 F115 - vibration @ low rpm only

hawilson2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I get a vibration above idle at very low rpm. It is not present at idle in neutral or above low rpm. I can feel it in the steering wheel and console. Above a certain low rpm (HAVEN'T NOTICED EXACTLY) and anywhere above or at idle the engine runs better than great. Any help is appreciated.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 2006 F115 - vibration @ low rpm only

i've owned a 115, have a 90C now, they all vibrate at certain, lower RPM's. If your vibration is in gear maybe prop out of ballance or fishing line around hub throwing it out a bit. if vibration is in neutral, probably nothing to worry about. is your idle speed set right? maybe increase it a bit? plugs nice and clean?

SQUIDLIPS83

Recruit

I've got same issue with my 2004 F115s, but it's limited to the port engine only.

I will be replacing the plugs and fuel/water separator filters this week and hope that will fix it. Fortunately, the boat has never had ethanol gas in it, and it never will as long as I own it. Marina gas is more expensive, but it appears to be worth it.

I'll follow up if my idle problem goes away after my maintenance.

robert graham

Admiral

I was worrying about some vibration or noise in my motor one day down on the St Johns River and my wife said the vibration was mostly in my head and that I was just being paranoid about the motor....she was right. Something to think about. Good Luck!