Johnson 35 What year?

58hydroswift

Recruit
I was given a 1958 Hydroswift from my folks and we are trying to get a year on the motor. It says Johnson Sea horse 35 hp. Serial #1604 323. Model #RD-19 or maybe PO-19. its really hard to read.Can anyone help? I plan to restore it if possible.

58hydroswift

Recruit
Re: Johnson 35 What year?

Its only a 19 not 19c so do you think its original?Also do people still service them and are parts available? Im in Nevada

lindy46

Captain

Its only a 19 not 19c so do you think its original?Also do people still service them and are parts available? Im in Nevada

Parts are available, and these motors are pretty easy to work on yourself. Dealers probably won't want to monkey with them, so you're better off finding someone who specializes in vintage outboards. Or do the work yourself with help from this forum.

58hydroswift

Recruit

Im kinda handy so I will attempt some of the work myself. The old owner (may have passed) had a part and gave it to my uncle and he cant seem to find it. So I will get some information and i will be back. May be get a book. What Kind would you recommend?

lindy46

Captain

Im kinda handy so I will attempt some of the work myself. The old owner (may have passed) had a part and gave it to my uncle and he cant seem to find it. So I will get some information and i will be back. May be get a book. What Kind would you recommend?

Go here for service manual:
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-manuals.php?Year=1957&HP=35&Model=RD-19
Any specific questions, let me know - I have a 1957 35hp Lark - same motor.