Definition of opening a "can of worms"

Popeye USN

Cadet
95 Play Craft. Has a Hurricane hull which is okay, and a 112 Johnson Special engine with excellent compression. Intention is to make her 1, a shallow water SW Florida fishing machine complete with trolling motor and Power Pole, and 2, a Coast Guard Auxillary Patrol boat. Moving the console from the starboard side to center line with a hard T-Top with box for two radio's.

Is this a piece of junk or what? Going to take some time to replace the rotted out supports. Why wood? Jeez, looks some 2 year olds put this sucker together! The green 3" PVC on the starboard side has holes in it and the wiring for the forward running is in it? The cardboard tube forward and running port to starboard is for....hell I have no idea? She had three deck hatches. One forward for the anchor, one center line for, I guess, fishing poles, and big one aft for access to the gas tank. None were water tight...no kidding! New deck will only have one small hatch over the gas tank, and that's it. Thing is now going to be water tight! I was not planning on this! However, it's this or "Honey Do's!"

P.S. I sent Play Craft a picture and comment. To date no response.

LaughingSmiley5.gif

BoatDeckPhaseII.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Definition of opening a "can of worms"

Mighty impressive piece of ahhhhhh craftsmanship :p I'm not surprised one bit.

PLEASE RESIZE that photo down to 640 x 480..... it is too large for the forum.

Thanks,;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Definition of opening a "can of worms"

Size is fine..... looks like the cheapest wood available to make the max profit when sold.