1970 Slickcraft SS-204 restore

Chris_Sheeley

Recruit
I have a 1970 slickcraft SS-204. It has a 165 HP inline 6 that needs rebuilt and the seats are all rotted out. The fiberglass exterior of the boat appears to be in good condition. How much are these boats worth and is it worth fixing up or would I spend more money fixing it than what its worth? I don't know allot about boats any info would be appreciated. Thanks

TK

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1970 Slickcraft SS-204 restore

I have a 1970 slickcraft SS-204. It has a 165 HP inline 6 that needs rebuilt and the seats are all rotted out. The fiberglass exterior of the boat appears to be in good condition. How much are these boats worth and is it worth fixing up or would I spend more money fixing it than what its worth? I don't know allot about boats any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Most of the time most of us spend more money restoring the boat than what the boat is worth. Restoring is because you like the boat and want to keep it. Plus when and if you get done it gives you great satisfaction.

Do a internet search on the for sale sights and see what the boat is worth. Than do a spread sheet and see if you want to spend the money. I think you will find out that you will spend a lot more than what you can buy one for.

So if saving money is your objective I would say move on. Looking to have fun and keep the boat for a long time...dive in.