Up and running great.

sssports

Seaman Apprentice
Well last weekend after taking the boat out with my 70vro Johnson, it bogged and died everytime I would try to accelerate to WOT. After bogging down a couple of times, it then refused to even idle.

This past week, I purchased a vacumn guage and a compression tester and checked out the VRO2 pump for vacumn, and the cylinders for proper compression, both were ok.

I then pulled all three carbs and disassembled them and completely cleaned them out. Seems that asking it to go WOT sucked up the crap in the carb bowls, blocking the idle tubes. Saturday I was back on the water for Maiden voyage #2. She ran perfectly. Today I took her back out and she once again ran perfectly all day. While out on the water and anchored, I popped the bonnet and did notice some very minor leaks at the carb gaskets, so I will be ordering the carb kits and installing all new gaskets and anything else that comes in the kits. Small price to pay for all day fun on the water!

I did have one other minor issue, namely I lost reverse on the second day, but turns out it was just a cable adjustment.

I don't have a speedo or tach, but am guessing that it is running about 40 or a little better at WOT, I am running a 19 pitch prop on a 16' boat. I intend to get a tach installed and then if necessary fine tune the RPM's with a different prop if called for.

Marty