Bilge pump, no power in wires??

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
While I am outside murdering the ants on our boat, I thought I would go ahead and fix the bilge pump, I believe the bilge pump itself is still working so I tested the wires going to it, no power(Humm) so I went to the switch and no power there either? two brown wires plugged in back and one of them should be hot and the other for when I turn on the switch to close the circuit to the pump so now I am on my back trying to trace the wires, neither brown leads go to the fuse box under the gauges. so on my back tracing wires. any other ideas? Just keep tracing until I find all the connections with wire tester??

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Bilge pump, no power in wires??

If it doesn't go straight to the battery the connection could be anywhere.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

I found one connector in the engine compartmentthat has the blower motor with it also, got power to the blower motor and wire tester lights up for that, doesn't light up for bilge pump, am going to try to trace back to battery first.

Bluepike

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just went thru the same thing this past weekend. I had power to the pump but not to the float switch. To make a long story short, the pump has a fuse in the fuse box but there was an inline fuse coming directly from the battery that had a developed a rusty film on the bottom of the fuse that prevented a good connection. The manual switch and the float switch are two different circuits going to the pump. Either one will activate it. Good luck.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

OK thanks! I found the connector and power for the blower motor but no power to the bilge pulp:confused: so I guess I will have fun tracing it down, I just went and got the boat 4 weeks ago from where it was stored in W.VA and haven't really done the full maintainance on her like I should, Right now still making sure every thing is running right, sat for 2 yrs.