help! questions about force 120

JTRUSH

Seaman Apprentice
i have few Questions about my 1990 force 120 ob( 20' bayliner capri)

1.When in gear i am not able to trim the motor up. nothing happens when button is pressed. Is that right?

2.Is there a setting in the lower unit which stablizes the boat? The motor pulls hard right, and the boat tilts far left when plaining out.

3.The shifter somtimes gets stuck and doesnt want to go into rev. or drive. New shift cables or bigger problem?

4.What pitch prop is recommended for my motor for more top end speed and not hull shot?

I think thats it! thanks for anyones help.
John.

john from md

Commander
Re: help! questions about force 120

1.When in gear i am not able to trim the motor up. nothing happens when button is pressed. Is that right?
ANS No, you should be able to trim the engine up or down as you are moving. You may have a bad ignition switch or the red wire to the trim switch is on the wrong pole.

2.Is there a setting in the lower unit which stablizes the boat? The motor pulls hard right, and the boat tilts far left when plaining out.
ANS There is a snout behind the propeller that you adjust to counter the prop forces. Your boats manual should show how to adjust this.

3.The shifter somtimes gets stuck and doesnt want to go into rev. or drive. New shift cables or bigger problem?
ANS Before buying anything, get a manual and check the adjustment of the shift cables and shift lever.

4.What pitch prop is recommended for my motor for more top end speed and not hull shot?
ANS This should be asked on the prop forum. If you give them all the info, boat weight, load on board, engine type HP and WOT RPM they will work a formula and tell you what you need.

Regards,

John