? On Proper Use/Aerator System

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant
First i don't really use my aerator/live wells but i just got the pump working yesterday ( i'm a bit nuts when something don't work) & i realized i'm really not sure exactly how to use it :confused:
Do you put the plug in & turn the pump on to fill it, then pump fresh water in it every so often ( not auto system ) - if so won't it overfill after awhile?
I'd appreciate a simple explanation so at least i will know the basics in case i need to use it---

Splat

Lieutenant
Re: ? On Proper Use/Aerator System

Depending on the system it will work one of two ways.

Either you will have a overflow near the top of the tank. As fresh water is pumped in every so often when it reachesd this level and simply leaves the tank while being displaced by new fresh water.

Or option two is if your is plumbed for recirculation. In this case there will be a valve somewhere in the plumbing that will allow you to turn of the raw intake from the lake, and the pump will pump water out of the drain hole in the bottom of the livewell then pump it back in through the spraybar in the top of the livewell.

A pic could help us discern which system you have.

Bill

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Depending on the system it will work one of two ways.

Either you will have a overflow near the top of the tank. As fresh water is pumped in every so often when it reachesd this level and simply leaves the tank while being displaced by new fresh water.

Or option two is if your is plumbed for recirculation. In this case there will be a valve somewhere in the plumbing that will allow you to turn of the raw intake from the lake, and the pump will pump water out of the drain hole in the bottom of the livewell then pump it back in through the spraybar in the top of the livewell.

A pic could help us discern which system you have.

Bill

Looks like mine has a overflow - the front is about the same except it has a shutoff valce on the tube-

a.jpg

a1.jpg

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That looks kinda funny, your aerator is pointed straight down, normally that would be parallel to the top of the water to shoot air into it.

It does look like you have an overflow though, next time you are out start filling it and see if it over flows.

All of them are kinda the same but all different if ya know what I mean.

Mine has a pump in, a pump out and an aerator on a timer in the well for the drive to the ramp.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

That looks kinda funny, your aerator is pointed straight down, normally that would be parallel to the top of the water to shoot air into it.

It does look like you have an overflow though, next time you are out start filling it and see if it over flows.

All of them are kinda the same but all different if ya know what I mean.

Mine has a pump in, a pump out and an aerator on a timer in the well for the drive to the ramp.

Starting to figure out mine is just a pump in & overflow & thats about it :(
I did fill it up with a hose & the "overflow" did'nt let any water out :confused:
Mabe i should use just them for coolers :redface:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

My livewell is a circulating tank. Water just comes in and goes back out.

No timer on mine, just let it run continuously. Got to have the battery power to support it.