Stupid Ant problem??

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Ok got the boat out for this season and I have ants, from whatit looks like I have two nests (**** ants) and I have two dogs and don't want to use harsh chemicals because of the dogs, they enjoy boating as much as we do if not more if thats possable. I know bleach can mess up their membrains and don't just want to use ant killer, due to them always licking. Any other suggestions?
One nest is in the under the bow cushion compartment where water can flush down the hole and into storage in the floor(cooler) finally working its way back through the engine compartment out the stern, the other nest in engine compartment, which I think I can do safely. water will be going out the drain plug and into yard. Thanks.........Pat

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: Stupid Ant problem??

Anything with orange oil in it will work and won't harm you or the doggies.
Orange Guard, Orange TKO, etc.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Orange oil kills the little buggers?? Thanks guys for your replies!:)

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Orange oil pretty well kills all insects. Ever see a worm in an orange? :)
I use it as a drench on fire ant mounds.
It needs to be diluted at about 3-4 oz per gallon of water (pure oil), or whatever the bottle says.

calvinman

Seaman

Wow the stuff I learn on this forum, my wife thinks my IQ has increased lately, little does she know;)

Calvi

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

I will definitly try it, at least the boat will smell like oranges when I am done:)
wally world carries it don't they?????

bhammer

Ensign

The oil will work well. Just be careful, your dogs may try to eat your boat, leaving you with a bigger problem. :D:D:D

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Hmm, Never thought of that!!:D At least she'll be clean! At least their breath will smell fresh for once!

anon1

Seaman

wally world carries it don't they?????

ChinaMart likely only sells the pre-dilluted orange cleaners.

If you really want good bug killing power go to a Bed Bath Beyond and buy the Orange Clean Super Concentrate. A bottle is probably about $15 but it will last a long time and works all around the house better than other cleaners with nasty chemicals.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Ok I have Bed and bath close to here I will check it out and tell my wife I bought her something too:D, kills two birds with one stone, Can't wait to see the wifes face when I hand it to her;)

LIQUID PROZAC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok I have Bed and bath close to here I will check it out and tell my wife I bought her something too:D, kills two birds with one stone, Can't wait to see the wifes face when I hand it to her;)

SNEAKY:cool: but oh so good:D

45Auto

Commander

You should check the wood on your boat and mke sure it's not rotten and soft. Ants need water to live, only times I've ever seen ants on a boat there was rotten wood also.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

At the very bow under the center cushion is cool and dry, and is in great condition, ants here in kentucky are bad, they live every where and any place they can find, not just wood, they will nest in plastic bags, tarps..etc. anywhere they can find.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

ALRIGHT!! killed the ants and cleaned out my bilge, storage(cooler) and every where else in between, Whoo Hoo!! killed them right on the spot.