Alpha Gen 2 lower unit weep holes

rfelectron

Recruit
I'm talking about the 2 holes on either side of the lower unit close to the front bolts that hold the lower and upper units together. Question: When the engine is running on water muffs should water be coming from these weep holes?
I am getting plenty of water through the engine, but I'm wondering if the coupler that connects the stainless water pump housing to the copper pipe might be leaking causing the water to come out the weep holes? I don't understand where the water coming out the weep holes is coming from and if it's normal or not. Thanks in advance, Lee

rfelectron

Recruit
Re: Alpha Gen 2 lower unit weep holes

Bump^
Hasn't anybody looked at their Alpha Gen 2 and noticed whether water comes out of the lower unit drain/weep holes when running on water muffs?

hookemdano

Cadet

I do not know the anwser to your question, I too am looking for the answer...are these the holes you are refering too?

This is before I put the muffs on.
Notice hole is dry.
oihf8l.jpg

When I put the muffs on, then turn on the water, engine not running yet, you will notice that water comes out of them little holes. It also drains out the prop. I don't remember it doing this prior to the impellor change, maybe it did, just not sure.

here is a pic with water coming out the little hole:
24l3bt1.jpg

corey_adcock

Cadet

I know this thread is old, but I have the same question. Those holes are on either side, water should come from them? Mine dribbes pretty consistantly on muffs. Normal?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... That's All a wet cavity, so water weepin' from the holes is normal...

Btw,... Don't be posting in the archives,...
Post a thread of yer Own, to ask questions....

corey_adcock

Cadet

I only did bc he had pictures of what I was talking about. Thanks Bond-o

hookemdano

Cadet

hey...I am glad ya dug it out of the archives...because it finally got answered...