Yamaha PC 1200 1997 High speed jets

nightflyer99

Recruit
Hey Guys, When I first took my '97 GP 1200 out this year, Yes I still had some old gas in it but had put 5 gallons of fresh gas in the tank, it seemed to run great, and would get up to full speed. After my Nef rode and was not running the ski at high speed, it will not get up to full speed. About 40MPH is all it will do now. Take off from full stop to plan is now slow too. Seems like the high speed jets are not opening up and may be gummed up. Is there any way to check and clean the High Speed Jets to get the ski running full speed again? Thanks for any help that can be given. Ken

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha PC 1200 1997 High speed jets

you should have not used any of the old fuel,, probably clogged up the internal filters inside the carbs,, will need to clean those and replace the diaphragms in each carb

nightflyer99

Recruit
Re: Yamaha PC 1200 1997 High speed jets

Thanks Jeff, This is kinda what I was thinking had happen. I did get it out on the water again to see what was going on. About 5000 RPM was all I could get out of it and 40MPH was all it would do. Can you tell me of a good place to go to get the diragram to look at the what I need to do? I'm pretty good with the wrench as long as I have an idea of what I need to do. Thanks Ken