Boating in Ocean City, MD bays?

mooneys

Recruit
I'll (and the wife, 3 & 6 year olds) be staying regularly during the summer in one of the campgrounds (Castaways or Frontier Town near the Ocean City Airport) on the mainland side of the Sinepuxent Bay across from Assateague Island. They have boats pulled up and docked close to their beach on a first come first serve basis for campers with boats, so I was wondering if a 24' Formula would be OK in the Sinepuxent bay channel and if a ride down the bay, in the channel of course, to Chincoteague Bay and Island is possible. It's just for a place to take a ride in the boat when I don't feel like heading out to the ocean or it's a bit rough. I've seen bigger boats up in the Assawoman Bay and I have been in there with a shallower bottom Checkmate boat, but never went south of the inlet. How will my 24 Formula with a deeper hull do in this shallow bay channel? I plan to store the boat there year round at a local marina and put it in when we go camping. I just want to take rides and anchor/beach it for some swimming fun for the family. I'd get a smaller boat, but no one is buying so I'm trying to make the best of summer vacations in Ocean City since I have this boat. I really don't want to sell it anyway, so I have to make a good case for it with the wife by utilizing it at the beach, if you know what I mean.

Also does anyone here ever get together for some rafting in these bays? What's the Chincoteague Bay like and how far is that from the Ocean City inlet area of the Sinepuxent Bay? Can I make it all the way down to the Chincoteague Bay in a boat?

Thanks in advance,

Mooney

Attachments

• formula.jpg
    formula.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0