What type of oil in dt25c?

zukihunter

Cadet
Sorry for the ignorance but I am a new owner of a 1999 dt25c. Do I just add normal 2-cycle oil to the motor?

robert graham

Admiral
Re: What type of oil in dt25c?

with a 25HP motor you won't use that much fuel/oil, so you can afford the best. I have had excellent results with the Pennzoil Marine 100% synthetic(Walmart $27/gallon), the Yamaha Ringfree and Seafoam or Stabil to prevent your fuel/oil mix from degrading and causing problems in your carburetor. If your motor has not been run with the Ringfree for 10 years then you could run the "carbon removal" dosage for a couple of tanks to clean the engine internals. Your fuel/oil mix should be 2.6 ounces of oil per gallon of gas. Good luck!

deejaycee_2000

Captain

no not any 2-cycle oil, make sure it is intended for outboards, do not put 2-stroke motor bike oil with the fuel ... mix the fuel 50:1 .... tip: do not de-carb the motor ... carbon buildup adds to the compression and that adds to performance ...

zukihunter

Cadet

Okay, well I don't know if we are on the same page here, but the dt25c is a oil injection model so I have to add the oil to a reservoir. It is still a 2-stroke so I guess just get a name brand, ie. yamalube 2-cycle oil?

robert graham

Admiral

go with the Yamalube Marine 2 stroke oil or the Pennzoil Marine 100% Synthetic oil for your oil injection, add the Yamaha Ringfree and the Stabil or Seafoam to your fuel tank, install a fuel/water seperator for sure. this will eliminate 95% of any fuel related problems....and carbon is not the friend of your engine, or any engine for that matter. Good Luck!

robert graham

Admiral

not dramatic, just good motor maintenance. dramatic is when your motor quits and you get the bill from the repair shop. Good Luck!