Get Boating Certificate Free!!!!

thunder219

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Get Boating Certificate Free!!!!

I looked at my card from when I took the course in elementary school and it was 20 years ago so I took it and got another cert. Not that it matters because I tried to study the buoy markings and all that when I went to Jacksonville so I would have a clue because all we have here is three no wake zones on the lake I boat on. The intra coastal kind of sucked when my depth gage went out. Awesome place to boat though. I made a trial run last Friday to see about watching fire works where you said to go. After a quick lesson about currents and not paying attention I now have a dinged up skeg and prop. We never made it to watch them because I didn't feel comfortable at night on there. Thanks though for the recommendations on where to go though.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

dinged up skeg and prop. 50 years of boating here, i have never damaged a boat.

thunder219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I could tell you where I did it if I was there. My son had to pee and would not go off the swim platform with the motor running so I shut it off and the current pushed us toward an island and a pier. When I went to start it the skeg was up on a rock. I went in forward and got another one. We were heading downtown, went around the shipyard. We went under a big bridge that they are working on and I cant remember the name of the road. After that we went around a bend and there was an island and past the island you could see the bridge again and there was a long pier. it was in between the two. I know my explanation kind of sucks but I was only in that part the one time. I am not used to currents like that and I just wasn't comfortable with all the big ships out there. Still had a good time heading back and going down to St. Augustine.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

Now I have two. Yay.

tashasdaddy

sounds like the first bridge was the Dames Point, then the second was the Mathews, did you ever get downtown. last Thanksgiving i took my pontoon on a 6 hour cruise, from NAS Jacksonville, to the Jetties and back. had never done it in one trip before, and was a great trip and day. 33 gallons later.

thunder219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think it was dames point bridge. I turned back after that because my kids were ready and my alarm kept going off and beeping. The alarm was going off on most of the way there so I wasnt to upset to turn back. The alarm ended up just being a faulty sensor. It was pretty cool to see all the dolphins swimming along with you though.

tashasdaddy

yes there are many dolphin in that area.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks will do!! (boat certificate) Kentucky