Bow filled with water???

msbc07

Recruit
1991 Chris Craft 247 Limited bowrider. The forward storage bins under the seats and the center below deck storage bin filled with water. The under seat bins have drain holes in them. The center bin under deck does not. There are no hoses attached to the drains, they just drain to the level below. Does anyone know how to get this water out??? I've searched everywhere for a drain and can find nothing. The port side even has a small head w/ sink. (The toilet "I assume that is what was originally there" is no longer installed. Just a slick recessed floor and drain in one corner) The sink has a drain hose going overboard. I can find no where that the bottom drains too other than just the deck below. I can pump the water out but below the fiberglass deck is still full of water! Oh, and it doesn't just drain down into the bildge.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bow filled with water???

If water is draining to the bilge area, it should pump out. I can't believe they would drain to the hull and not provide a path to the bilge. The stern would have to be lower than the bow for this to happen. Perhaps the drains from the bow to the bilge are stopped up.

msbc07

Recruit

Possibly! but I can't find a drain no where. I have the bow raised by the trailer. All water is running to the back, but not to the bildge. I would think even if paths to the bildge where clogged, water would slowly drain out. I can't even get a shop vac to it to suck it out. I'm thinking of cutting an access to it and installing floor cap, but I'm nervous about it! Probably a last resort.

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

had the same problem, the approx 1x6x14 ft space under my floor was FULL of water, with no way of draining to the bilge. so i cut a hole in the floor, put a 2nd auto pump down there, and converted it into a storage space