2000 115hp bogging down

parrilladk

Seaman Apprentice
Got the motor started after the winter. Started fine, some oil burning which I assume is normal after the winter (did not winterize). Engine stalls when trying to shoot from the hole, like a cylinder is not firing. After about 15 seconds the motor idles fine, but cannot rev when engaged. Changed spark plugs to no avail.
??

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2000 115hp bogging down

99% contaminated carbs. see the TOP SECRECT FILE. carb cleaning

parrilladk

Seaman Apprentice

Carbs were cleaned and redone last summer. Also, it did not get a lot of use last summer. I am stumped.

parrilladk

Seaman Apprentice

Motor starts fine. when accelerating if feels that it looses a cylinder at about 2500 rpm, when the gas is cut it returns to normal in about 10 to 15 seconds, but idles rough before it returns to normal. Any ideas??

parrilladk

Seaman Apprentice

This has probably happened much more than once to people out there. I am amazed that I never heard from any expert here on this: The gas line bulb was not hard after the motor bogged down. I had one of my sons pump the bulb while I gave it gas and it worked. Motor has been running fine after that. It must have been an air bubble in the line after the winter.

Again: I am very surprised no one suspected this simple troubleshoot. Carb cleaning is a day long event, it seems that is recommended in this forum way too often, as is the cure for all.