DumbA** 350 Carb Spring Assembly Question and noise prob

bparsel

Seaman Apprentice
1989 Wellcraft 216 Eclipse - 350 with a Rochester, haver had the carb off for a few months and just threw it back on today as well as my outdrive. Cant remember how the spring on the throttle assembly side was on there..any help?

Also, put the drive back on and seem to have a weird noise now when i started the boat...almost like a whirring gear noise?? Any ideas on that? the drive went back together fine, seems to be shifting fine etc?!?!?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: DumbA** 350 Carb Spring Assembly Question and noise prob

Also, put the drive back on and seem to have a weird noise now when i started the boat...almost like a whirring gear noise?? Any ideas on that?

Ayuh,... I don't do rochesters,...
Can't help ya there, although there Usually ain't any throttle return springs on boat carbs...

Did you Check the gimbel bearing,..??

mkast

Lieutenant Commander

Boat engines usually don't use a throttle return spring.
Is the drive full of lubricant?

bparsel

Seaman Apprentice

Figured out the spring, it was # 13 in the exploded view, weber, but same setup.

http://www.perfprotech.com/store/as...TTLE-LINKAGE-(WEBER---4-BARREL),1014-150.aspx

I didnt touch the gimble bearing ----I drained and re-filled the outdrive before re-assembly though. it just doesnt make sense to have a whirring noise when the boat is in neutral and just re-assembled, nothing is turning?