Best service manual

Ware5150

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Best service manual

Everyone says that the OEM repair manuals are the best. They cover much more detail from what I am told. I have a Seloc which is very nice but not too much detail.

CanWoodsman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a few Seloc manuals and found them quite good. For the 90 hp Merc I just got I looked at both Factory & Seloc to be purchaced locally. Seloc $45 and Factory $100. I got the Seloc.

Rick

green4themoney

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have a seloc manual meh its alright could be a little more detailed but does the trick

hkeiner

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When I got my first boat as a newbie to outboard maintenance and repair. I bought both the Mercury manual and a Seloc manual. I am glad I did, as the Seloc contained some additional general maintenance and repair tips/guidance that the Merucy manual did not cover. I felt that having both manuals provided me with more information than I would have gotten only from one manual. A more experienced boat owner, however, could easliy toss the Seloc and keep the Mercury and not miss the Seloc at all.

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander

When I got my first boat as a newbie to outboard maintenance and repair. I bought both the Mercury manual and a Seloc manual. I am glad I did, as the Seloc contained some additional general maintenance and repair tips/guidance that the Merucy manual did not cover. I felt that having both manuals provided me with more information than I would have gotten only from one manual. A more experienced boat owner, however, could easliy toss the Seloc and keep the Mercury and not miss the Seloc at all.

I have both too and have had the same experience. By the way, I also recommend that a new owner of an older engine try to dig up a copy of the original "owner's manual" as it gives the basic operation and maintenance information which the shop manuals don't - or which are hidden and not obvious in the shop manual which is much larger and has a different focus (repair vs. operation and maintenance).