06 Q6 SF meandering at no wake speeds!

tahoejag

Petty Officer 1st Class
New to forum....2006 Q6 S/F 4.3 carb 190hp. I can simpathize with your tahoe meandering (was put to me as "bow steer"). Since day one, a SEVERE meandering problem! I too have to ride down a narrow river at no wake speed for20-25 minutes before can get boat moving at a cruising speed. the back and forth zig zaging on its own is totally NOT NORMAL for a boat. I have had nothing but a tremendous hassle with this boat and this issue, not to mention a list of quality issues a page long of things that were wrong with the boat upon delivery. I was going to post and ask if anyone had this similar problem, but now I see. This boat was sent back to the factory for the meandering problem with tahoe saying "it is within specs" and sent back to me. If anyone else could drive this boat you would say WTF! I have read about smart tabs curing this problem. Please advise. This meandering problem is almost to the point of being "unsafe", and it is now coming down to the point of a marine surveyer looking at it and most likely litigation against tracker marine! comments and/or advise to cure this problem in the meantime are very much welcome!

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 06 Q6 SF meandering at no wake speeds!

Smart tabs fixed any and all wandering for me.
Although my wandering was minimal at best and my 8i has a little different hull design, so maybe that's why....
Sorry you're having so many issues with your 6. We've had a few small issues with ours, but they've all been taken care of by our dealer. Did you buy from a local dealer or one of the big box stores?

I'd try the smart tabs. For the price, they can't be beat. I've said it before, probably the best money I've spent on the boat. They really do make a big difference in plane time and speed, handling over swells and wake and wandering at no-wake speed...

LS1Fan

Recruit

My 05 Q4 Tahoe steers like a piece of plywood at low speeds, making docking and pulling it onto a trailer a real adventure. I thought it was just the hull design, I might look into the smart tabs.

wall37

Cadet

My 215 wandered as well, I installed Bennett Sport Tabs, it was a new boat after that. Tabs solved a "boat load" of issues!

CO_FOX

Cadet

I installed the smart tabs on my 195 I/O and it solved the meandering. It gave it a great hole shot also. Overall better ride through all kinds of rough water.

TahoeQ4Pilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been feeling the same prob on my Q4 at low speeds, have to white knuckle getting to the dock and thought it was just me.