spray on bedliner - where to buy?

geedubcpa

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am considering the spray on bedliner option for my floor - where can I buy? Also is it rattle can or can I spray it with my paint gun?

Also a question about poly resin - If I have a 16 foot boat how much do I need to cover the floor?

Andy in NY

Commander
Re: spray on bedliner - where to buy?

I am considering the spray on bedliner option for my floor - where can I buy? Also is it rattle can or can I spray it with my paint gun?

Also a question about poly resin - If I have a 16 foot boat how much do I need to cover the floor?

I bought mine right at wal mart. but the auto parts stores carry it too.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Bedliner for the floor? You can use the rattle can stuff but trust me you will not be happy. It really does not have any texture to speak of and is NOWHERE as durable as the roll on or the commercial. The roll on is allot of money too ...... if you are looking gor good results.

Black bedliner gets HOT under your feet.

You can apply an epoxy paint with a non slip additive and achieve good results or marine vinyl.

To properly cover the decking with resin (polyester or epoxy) you really need to apply cloth too. It will take almost a gallon per side (yes a bit less). I would go and purchase a gallon container and see where that takes you.

You can purchase it locally at an auto parts store (find one that sells body shop supplies) or order it online and it ships hazmat.

Andy in NY

Commander

Ahh, i missed the part about it being for the deck. Ya, it will get REALLY hot.

But with regards to the resin, It only took me a gallon top and bottom plus transom... depends on the size...

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

look into durabak, it is available in many colors:D

geedubcpa

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can I spray the durabak on with my spray equipment?

Walkenvol

Cadet

I sprayed it onto the floor of a Jeep restore project using a ceiling "popcorn" sprayer. Got best results by mixing a portion of the product and apply with a paint brush to fill the rougher spots. After it dried a bit I mixed the rest and sprayed the entire area. Leaves a much nicer finish than using a paint roller or brush IMHO.