Are they blind or just stupid?

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ok this story starts on wednesday. I took my camper to the camp ground for the weekend, after i got set up i decide to go down be the ramp to check things out and I see a couple of ladies trying to launch a 21' bowrider. This boat sits quite hi on the trailer, and the ramp is kinda shallow. They have their Vehicle backed in till the exhaust is almost under water. Someone from one of the campsites it trying to push it off the trailer and it wont budge. Long story short I end up hooking their boat to my truck so we can back it in deeper and after going in till the water line is at my door and three of us guys from the camp ground manager to get it off the trailer. The ladies said it was the first time they ever launched it with out their husbands. Then friday night I see the boat go by as I am headed to get firewood and the "husbands" are pulling it, I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

IMG00037.jpg

IMG00036.jpg

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Are they blind or just stupid?

I think they are just stupid. I bet they think if they hit enough pothols it will bounce onto the trailer the right way.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Notice there are no transome straps and when i was helping with the launch i noticed no safty chain on the bow.

mars bar

Petty Officer 1st Class

stupid is what stupid does.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Just plain old ignorance and stupidity.
Sad isn't it that one of our loved ones could be driving behind that when it comes off the trailer ??

wellsc1

Petty Officer 1st Class

They better have someone repair the fiberglass along the keel! :eek:

Shizzy

Ensign

Just plain old ignorance and stupidity.
Sad isn't it that one of our loved ones could be driving behind that when it comes off the trailer ??

you said it!

I saw a large CC go by on a trailer a while back in the same shape on the trailer as this. also with no transom straps. the whole thing leaned way over when he turned a corner. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I pulled over right away and let him get WAY ahead of me.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Well, at least they took time to put the cover on it nicely :rolleyes::D

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Man, how could they be so dumb? Everyone knows it's better to trailer with the cover off! ;)

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Man, how could they be so dumb? Everyone knows it's better to trailer with the cover off! ;)

lol

especially if you are trying to air dry all that beer that got spilled in your boat................ im guessing alcohol was involved.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

It's not politically correct to call them stupid anymore....They are IQ impaired or intellectually inferior or their brain cell synapses shorted......aaaggghhh, GEEZ THEY ARE STUPID:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

It's not politically correct to call them stupid anymore....They are IQ impaired or intellectually inferior or their brain cell synapses shorted......aaaggghhh, GEEZ THEY ARE STUPID:D

I'm without a doubt with the "Stupid" vote.

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

Makes you wonder about the intelligence of some people. They buy a sport ute so they can tow a boat. They buy a boat and trailer to connect to their SUV. They go boating. But they never bothered to learn how to do it. A blind person can see the boat is not positioned correctly, not secured and ready to flip at a moments notice. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? THEY MUST BE DRUNK! :mad:

And where is johnny law when you really need him?

That boat didn't come in from the Gulf did it? :D

gypsysoul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you just know there going to use the outdrive and steering and a high curb to put that back in place. what better use of trim rams is there? I am going with mother natures way of "thinning the herd":eek::eek::eek:

Bill Kilgore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some gene pools just don't have a deep end.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hey! I don't see anything wrong here. Two women went out in a boat unsupervised and it came back with the out drive intact. So what's the problem?
:D

jkust

Rear Admiral

Another boat owner in need of a roller trailer.