Merc 350 MPI raw water leak

flyer7324

Recruit
I have a 350 mag mpi with OEM fresh water cooling kit installed in my 05 260 Searay Sundancer. Originally had raw water leak from quick connect coupling in raw water hose which I fixed. I thought that solved my problem.
Today and yesterday after running across Long Island Sound and back I found that I now had another raw water leak. I checked the prior repair and it is dry. I also checked the second quick connect in the rear of the engine and that it dry. This latest leak appears that it may be coming from the port side of the engine somewhere down low since when I wet vac out the existing raw water and watch for a new flow it seems to start on the port side of the lower bilge.

Are there any raw water connections on that side of the engine. Any other ideas as to what the source of this is. When I had the OEM kit installed another raw water pickup with its own seacock was installed on my transom. Shutting off the seacock for this pickup has no effect on the leaking.

Thanks for your help and ideas.....

PS I bought this boat new in 05 and had purchased the extended warranty which I believe is effective through 2011. Would this sort of repair be covered by the warranty???

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Merc 350 MPI raw water leak

Depending on the drive that you dont mention
shift boot
main bellows
transom housing
mercathode wiring
trim/tilt wiring
water inlet tube
hull drain plug
core plug from freeze damage
exaust Y pipe

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

PS I bought this boat new in 05 and had purchased the extended warranty which I believe is effective through 2011.

Then you need to take the boat to a certified Mercruiser dealer capable of doing warranty work. Not an online forum of DIYers.

Bifflefan

Commander

Then you need to take the boat to a certified Mercruiser dealer capable of doing warranty work. Not an online forum of DIYers.

Thats for sure!!! No reason to try to repair something you already paid to have done free of charge.
If it was mine id wear out that warranty.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

On my boat I had the same problem, Yes there was a water hose connected to the bottom of each the port & starb side of the exhaust manifold cooling, on mine yhere is an upper and lower exhaust manifold cooling, with a gasket inbetween the two, come to find out there was a crack on the inside about 3" long that I had professionally welded. but to answer your question did you Feel under the water cooled exhaust manifold while it was cool when you first had her running with muffs?