NooB question on boat covers

hshift

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought a 93 Sunbird 195 Regency, in great condition and I'd like to keep it that way. The P.O. gave me a Sunbrella cover, which covers the whole boat.
I also have the bow cover, which snaps into place on just the bow, and another cover which snaps onto the top of the windshield all around to the swim deck in the back. My question, which of these covers should I be using to cover the boat when I'm not using it during the summer? And which of these should I use during winter layup?

Thanks,
Ed

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: NooB question on boat covers

I would use the full Sunbrella cover all the time. That way you get as much protection as possible. If its raining, then I would use the other 2 covers under it to reduce sagging on the sunbrealla.

cadunkle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have both snap on cockpit/bow covers as well as a full cover for my boat. I always use both. Won't breathe as well through two layers but my poles snap into the fitted snap on cover so this keeps water from pooling. The full cover keeps junk off the hull where the cockpit cover doesn't protect.

H8tank

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just use the bow and cockpit covers over the summer, and keep the boat out of the sun in a pole barn.

My Full Top Gun cover is massive and heavy, difficult to put on. I use it over the other covers over the winter.

hshift

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for all the advice. My boat is out in the sun, so I'll use the Sunbrella
all the time, and put the bow/cockpit covers when its gonna rain.