Boats Tilts To The Left

I Have A 1984 16 Foot Starcraft With A 1984 Evinrude 115hp Motor. When I Give It 3/4 Throtle The Boat Starts To Tilt Sideways To The Left. Is There Anyway To Make An Adjustment To Keep The Boat Level At High Speeds? Thanks

Re: Boats Tilts To The Left

Why Do You Have To Be A Wise Guy???????? I`m Just Asking For Help. This Is My First Boat

LockNut

Recruit

Do you have a whale tale or stabilizer on your engine? Take it off and see if it still does it....

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Why Do You Have To Be A Wise Guy???????? I`m Just Asking For Help. This Is My First Boat

There was actually more to that answer than a being a wise guy. Just not put very well.
Loading and weight distribution are vital factors in a small boat set up.
Do you have power trim and tilt ?? and if so is it trimmed correctly ?? On my outfit if I am trimmed right in and trying to run higher speeds the boat behaves and steers completely different from having the trim correct.

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It sound like a case of prop torque, you can start by trying to redistribute some of the weight. You can also see if you can raise your motor any and maximize your set up for that boat. You can also play with different props to see if you can minimize this. You can also get a set of trim tabs to help counter act this. With a light boat you may have to live with it some.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

proper weight distrubution, and proper trim will help tremendously. with the motor tilted all the way down, it pushes the bow down into the water, causing it to plow and bite. moving the lower unit away from the transom, will lift the bow out of the water, taking it to plane on top of the water, reducing the plow and bite. you may need to install a set of smart tabs. also moving to boat topics, as this is not an engine question.