My new to me boat !

twintrades

Petty Officer 1st Class
Shes a 1979 marktwain 16ft 165 I/O inline :cool:

Always wanted an I/O now i got one.

Bought it from a local boat shop. $1,200 is what i paid only thing wrong with it is the trim indicator dosnt work. :p

Didnt get a chance to crack it wot for more than a sec. To many others on the lake that day. But shes a fast girl. Going wot for a sec i had it up to 45 and she was still climbing. Not that i need to go fast or nothing...:rolleyes:

Needed a boat for our family and this one is sturdy and stable. Love to tube and ski. Getting into kneeboarding and mabey a little wakeboarding to. Heck for the price i didnt think twice.

Wish i could put a pylon in it.....

DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

DSCN1871.jpg

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My new to me boat !

Sweet looking ride...looks really clean. Be sure to take a little time and go thru the motor and outdrive...basic tuneup and oil change wouldn't hurt. I know how you feel..we just brought our new to us boat back last Wednesday!

twintrades

Petty Officer 1st Class

Funny thing is every time it rains i run outside durring it to make shure the cover dosnt fall in. But today i stuck some supports under it. so it should be good to go. My wife laughs every time i come in the house dripping wet. Last night she said " Your boat stays dryer than you do."

Later

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

twintrades

Petty Officer 1st Class

THanks Ill have to get that if my suports fall apart :p

22E6441

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a cool little boat! I don't care what anybody says...I like tri-hulls...and this one is a nice little package.

Enjoy!

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice boat mate:)

Congrats and enjoy!

skargo

Banned

Congrats, be safe and have a blast!

dkorzun21

Chief Petty Officer

wow cant beat 1200 buck and everything major works good. Looks really cool too. Congrats man have fun on the water

204 Escape

Ensign

I always liked the Mark Twain boats. I remember seeing them on a lot new. (I thought that they built them there, I may be wrong.)

Does anyone know where they were built at ?? I had seen them in a small town called "New Strawn, Kansas". BUT, that was over 30 years ago, and my memory isn't what they use to be. ;)

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

You got that for $1200???!!! that guy is kickin' himself for selling it!

fabrimacator21

Petty Officer 1st Class

wow... looks like me and you are in the same boat (pun intended)....

I got my 1978 trihull for 1300 and it looks almost the same... same seats and even same color interior.

Nice boat man.

TJDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats! Very nice old boat. I'm partial to 70's era boats. I just think they are cool.:cool: The 165 I-6 mercruiser has been very reliable in my old boat. I MacGuyvered a boat cover support out of some chain link fence posts and rails. Center 2 3/8" post and cap, tripod made from 3 pieces of 1 5/8" rail attached to post by brace bands and rail ends. Works great, cheap, and folds when not in use.;) Happy boating.

twintrades

Petty Officer 1st Class

Talked the camp on our lake to slip my boat in tonight. Was going to keep it out of the water and trailer it. But my wife is preggo and not boating. So ittle get more use here on our little lake ( 135). Plus i can feel better having my freinds drive the boat on our lake. ( no stumps or rock bars)

jonesg

Admiral

someone babied that one.
clean all the black gook out of the bilge.